Collaroy Rugby Club Committee Meeting Minutes
Time: 07:30 pm
Location: Long Reef Golf Club
Attendees: Barry Muncke, Crombie Pitts, Mike Gibbons, Graham Davies, Tim Lockrey, Paul Van Der Zwaag, Eileen Dunkley, Mick Barry, Lata Wilkinson, Karen Green
Apologies: Bruce Nicholas, Peter Bremner, Andrew Ross has withdrawn
Chair: Barry Muncke
Minutes: Mike Gibbons
Approval of the Minutes of Previous Meeting
The minutes were agreed. Proposed: PVDZ Seconded: TL
GD reported that there were 188 registrations to date with a known three players yet to register. GD felt that the new online process was generally successful with only a few minor problems. Some parents had expressed surprise at the mini’s registration being so cheap.
The registrations allow us to field: 2 x U6, 3 x U7, 2 x U8, 2 x U9, 2 x U10, 1x U11, 1 x U12 and 1 x U14
The BBQ raised approximately $500. There were no new registrations that could be directly attributed to the BBQ. This was thought to be somewhat unsatisfactory considering the time involved and the difficulty in getting volunteers to assist.
If done again then it would be better to do it prior to or during registrations.
Coaches and Managers Meeting and Status
This meeting held on February 26 at the Collaroy SLSC was well attended. MG has prepared a manual for coaches and managers that should be reviewed by the committee before distribution. BM suggested a bullet point summary of most important points be added.
MG reported there are still some gaps in both coaches and managers for some teams.
A draft training night schedule has been circulated. The minis are split between Thursday and Friday evening and there was some consideration given to them being combined on Thursday evening.
VP minis and VP juniors must step in to help fill vacant coach and manager positions. MB and TL to resolve minis training night question
We discussed and agreed that Lata Wilkinson was to be added as an account signatory and Jacqueline Schouw (ex Secretary) be deleted, leaving current signatories as Eileen Dunkley, Lata Wilkinson and Barry Muncke.
LW and ED decided on job sharing, LW would do day to day payment of bills etc., ED would continue to do the book-keeping. LW working on a cash flow forecast report which should help us in deciding the minimum level of funds that need to be kept in operational account and the balance to be kept in an appropriate term deposit account to earn higher interest rates
KG to create a calendar of event dates for the season with a approximate budget of cash flow requirement
Barry to sort out sponsorship criteria and minimum amounts for sponsorship including forecasting of what invoices to be raised for this year and when
GD to provide summary of registrations for this year so I can reconcile cash deposit
Sponsors Update and Canopies
Sponsorship program for the season needs to be addressed. Two canopies need to be replaced and sponsors approached.
Nominations to SJRU due March 1 for Junior teams.
All teams in Sunday competition.
U10 Black,White,Red in grades B, D and E
U11 Black grade D (downgraded from C as players lost)
U12 Black grade C (played C last year)
U14 Black grade C (played B last year)
Ground Marshal Meetings
Every junior team must send representative to SJRU meetings where new game management details will be presented. Northern region dates are:
- Wednesday 13th March – 7pm @ Northern Region Venue TBA
- Monday 25th March – 7pm @ Northern Region Venue TBA
Team manager and ground marshals from each team should attend.
Ball boys and girls for Rats games
Warringah need ball boys/girls for 2nds and 1sts; from 1.30pm until about 5pm. They get t-shirts, wear their club shorts and sox, are given lunch and a drink.
Referee Liaison Officer
Lionel Bloom, President, Sydney North Referees, asked that we appoint a referees Liasion officer
We have three mouth guard vouchers.
Raffle on Skills Day.
Carry over to next meeting
Late registrations will be accepted. No refunds on withdrawals except in exceptional circumstances.
Marketing plan needed.
Since kids outgrow their boots quickly the idea is to organize a boot swap on skills day. This should not displace our regular donation of spare kit to Brewarrina community (in conjunction with Warringah Council).
BM reported work had resumed. It is our responsibility to complete fit out and BM has obtained quotes for the following:
- Floor covering: studded rubber tiles approx. $9,000
- Ceilings – meeting and changing rooms: approx. $16,000
- Canteen/ Kitchen quote to be obtained
Also, an additional $25,000 to be contributed to training lights.
The need to finish ceilings in changing rooms was discussed as this isn’t essential.
Approx. $500 for wiring will be needed (TV, fridge being donated) and ~ $1,000 for paint.
All expenditures were approved with an additional $10,000 budget for canteen/kitchen fit-out. The committee believed it was important to fit-out the building internally to a high standard to keep faith with the donations received over the years.
Vouchers offered by Newport Arms Hotel.
Working with Children
GD reported that exact legislation and requirement still unclear. In the interim the declaration as in previous years is to be completed by each coach and manager and forwarded to the secretary.
Date of Next Meeting
March 21, 7:30 pm Long Reef Golf Club
Meeting adjourned at 9:50pm.